Saturday, October 16, 2010

Script

Here are just a few pages of the script. (This is not edited).







Int. Mordor-day

Narrator

In the darkness of the land of Mordor, The Dark Master Sauron plotted to destroy the free territories of Middle-Earth.In the fire of Mount Doom, he forged The One Ring. The Ring surpassed all other rings in beauty, and was highly coveted by all who saw it. He sent gifts to the Dwarven Lords, and the Human race. The Rings that the Dark Master sent them caused them to become corrupt, for, they were not as great as the One Ring in beauty, but surpassed all rings in beauty save the One Ring. They joined themselves to the Dark Master himself, and took many corrupt men with them. Together with Sauron, they overcame all whom they met, and became the new rulers of all lands they passed through. The South was the only place that had not been conquered by The Dark Master. The South built up her armies and resisted The Dark Master. The last force of Men and Dwarves went to meet The Dark Master as one last resistance for the people of Middle-Earth. The Men and Dwarves were almost victorius, when Sauron slew the King of Gondor. The Corrupt Men gave one last effort for victory, when Isildur did battle with The Dark Master, and cut the Ring from his hand. Then Sauron bade all his men to retreat, and they fled for their lives, defeated at last. Sauron slowly rebuilt his army, but he had lost the Ring. Isildur could not bear to dstroy the Ring, and kept it for himself. He was slain a short time later for the Ring. Many years later, Bilbo Baggins of the Shire had the Ring in his keeping.

Int. Bilbo's Hole-Day

Bilbo

So, where have you been before now?

GANDALF

Many places......

BILBO

Such as?

FRODO

Uncle Bilbo! He doesn't have to tell you anything.

GANDALF

That's quite alright. Before now I have been to the river Anduin in Gondor.

FRODO

I would love to see it.

GANDALF

(muttering to himself)

Perhaps you shall...

FRODO

What?

GANDALF

Oh, nothing to trouble you with just yet.

Frodo and Sam look at each other.

BILBO

Why were you in Gondor?

GANDALF

I went to see the Steward of that realm.

Merry and Pippin walk in.

Merry

There you are, Frodo!

Pippin

We've been looking all over for you!

They see Gandalf.

MERRY

Gandalf!

PIPPIN

So you have come back!

GANDALF

Yes....

frodo

He said he has come from the river Anduin, and went to see the Steward of that realm.

PIPPIN

Who is he?

GANDALF

His name is Denethor II, who is probably going to be the last Steward.

SAM

Has a King returned?

GANDALF

He has, but his identity remains secret.

PIPPIN

Why?

GANDALF

You will know soon enough.

BILBO

Where were you before that?

GANDALF

Rohan. I went to see Eomer, chief of all the Rohirrim.

MERRY

Rohirrim?

GANDALF

They are a fearless band of horsemen who rid Rohan and other lands of Sauron's corrupted servants.

PIPPIN

I should like to meet him.

GANDALF

You may do that too.

PIPPIN

That would be nice.

GANDALF

Before that I was in Isengard talking to Sauruman.

BILBO

Wow! Have you been to Mirkwood?

GANDALF

I have. I went there to talk to the King Thranduil, and his son the Prince Legolas, the greatest archer there ever has been, except the Lord Faramir, and that probably ever will be.

PIPPIN

Who is Faramir?

GANDALF

He is the son of Denethor II.

MERRY

So he is a great archer?

GANDALF

He is.... and a great swordsman too.

bilbo

Have you ever been to Ithillien?

GANDALF

Yes.

int. field in shire-night

BILBO

Pippin, can you go start a fire on that woodpile right there?

PIPPIN

Sure!

BILBO

I need you, Merry, to go pour some oil on that fire over there. It's dying down.

MERRY

Okay.

Pippin has just started a fire on the woodpile when Merry strolls past him with a container of oil. Merry trips on Pippin's out-stretched leg and spills the whole container of oil on the fire that Pippin has just started. Fire and ashes and burning sticks shoot into the air. Pippin's shirt catches on fire.

PIPPIN

Help! Merry! Gandalf! Someone!

Pippin jumps into a lake. The guests roar with laughter.

BILBO

(When he can stop laughing)

Attention everyone! I would like three cheers for Frodo as this is his birthday.

The guests cheer.

BILBO

(Chuckling)

I would also like three cheers for myself.

People cheer for Bilbo.

BILBO

I also have something to say that I partly regret, and partly look forward to. I shall be leaving for Rivendell tomorrow. I look forward to the pleasantness of the place, yet I will miss all my friends and relatives here.

FRODO

(to Pippin)

I don't believe it!

BILBO

So, I should like to go ahead and and celebrate our birthdays, and then I shall bid you farewell afterwords.

People get slices of cake with brown sugar on top, and sit down and eat quietly.

FRODO

(to merry)

I'm shocked he would do this! Just two years ago he told me he planned to stay here the rest of his life.

MERRY

People do change their minds, Frodo.

FRODO

What do you think of it Gandalf?

GANDALF

He has definitely done the right thing, that is, I think.

FRODO

What?

GANDALF

Shh... He's saying good-bye.

BILBO

Well, my friends, I hesitate to say this, but I would like to go ahead and get it over with. Farewell.

FRODO

I still don't believe it!

PIPPIN

Shhhh......

PIPPIN

Gandalf's doing something!

Gandalf gets up and walks over to Bilbo.

GANDALF

Bilbo, I must talk to you in secret.

BILBo

Why not here?

GANDALF

Because your life could depend on it!

BILBO

(frightened)

Wh,wh,what?

GANDALF

Come over here. In the trees.

BILBO

What in the world is going on, Gandalf?

GANDALF

Bilbo, I believe you have the One Ring!

BILBO

Me? Why me?

GANDALF

Let me see that ring hanging around your neck!

BILBO

(loudly)

It's mine! You have no right to take it from me, you beast!

GANDALF

Have you already become that obsessed with it?

BILBO

Obse...

GANDALF

Listen to me, Bilbo! You must let me see the ring!

BILBO

Oh alright... One look. But if you even try to....

GANDALF

This is it!

BILBO

What?

GANDALF

This is the One Ring that was forged by Sauron himself thousands of years ago!

BILBO

Are you speaking the truth?

GANDALF

Yes. You must give it to Frodo.

BILBO

I refuse!

GANDALF

The Dark Master's servants, the Ringwraiths are searching the Shire for the Ring!

BILBO

They are?

GANDALF

Yes. You must give this to Frodo, and he will take it to Mount Doom and destroy it!

BILBO

I will.

GANDALF

Frodo! Come here!

Frodo runs over to see what Gandalf needs.

GANDALF

Frodo, Bilbo has something to give you.

BILBO

Take good care of it, Frodo!

He hands the Ring to Frodo.

FRODO

Thank you! I shall!

GANDALF

Now, we must be going or the Ringwraiths will be searching the crowd for us!





2 comments:

  1. What does everyone think? It formatted it really weird from Celtx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I took these from different sections of the script. :D

    ReplyDelete